Thursday, June 25, 2009

Carolina Bound

In less than week I will be in North Carolina for a long 4th of July weekend! These days it seems that North Carolina is where it's at. I have never been so I am excited to see what the fuss is about. I'm spending the first part of the weekend in Charlotte where my friends Star, Drew and Jesse live. Star has been in Charlotte for a few years now - I met her when I interned at Auburn in 2006. She is hands down the most awesomest person I've met (well she's like to think that and I'll let her). My friends Drew and Jesse from college moved to Charlotte last year. Drew works at Davidson College so I'm pretty stoked to check out the campus. I'm really excited to see the city through their eyes. The second half of the weekend I'll be in Chapel Hill visiting my friend Steve. Steve and I went to grad school together - he kept me sane my second year. Steve not works at UNC Chapel Hill which I have heard amazing things about and can't wait to explore Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill.

I leave Wednesday night after back to back sessions of Camp - I really have no idea what I've in store for aside from fireworks, a change of scenery and great friends.

No comments: