Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Top 2

Tonight was Idol's top 2 showdown between Lee and Crystal who I have been fans of all season. I have to say Crystal Bowersox CHAMPIONED the night. The first round of songs they got to sing songs they've done from earlier in the season. Lee sang "The Boxer" which was fine, but I liked many more of his performances much better. Crystal hit the nail on the head by singing "Me and Bobby McGee" which has probably been the song from this season that I've listened to the most. The second round was producers choice Lee give REM's "Everybody Hurts" and I thought he sounded great on it. Crystal sang "Black Velvet" which I know a lot of people don't like, but for some reason I like that song (I actually first heard it at Karaoke at a bar in Texas and the girl blew it out of the house). Crystal gave the song a really interesting take and I really enjoyed her performance. The final round was the winner's single and usually it's a song that written FOR idol. This year apparently Lee and Crystal got to do a cover of a song for their single which I thought was interesting. Lee did U2's "Beautiful Day" which was solid, but he didn't own it. Crystal sang "Up to the Mountain" which I kinda of knew, but it was bluesy, folksy awesome and for me she won the show right there. The judges seemed to be on team Crystal tonight, but there are lots of theories of why Crystal won't win out there.

Sadly I won't be able to watch the finale live tomorrow, because tomorrow kicks off CAMP WAR EAGLE. The next 3 days will be crazy and awesome at the same time. Training week has been fantastic, I've really enjoyed getting to know the Camp Counselors better. I think we're gonna have a great summer. I hope to blog this weekend, which is a FOUR DAY weekend!

No comments: