Tuesday, July 27, 2010

July in Review

Wait what? It's the end of July? What in the world? I've been busy.

Here's the run down
-Nashville/10K
-Hair
-Camp War Eagle Sessions 7 & 8
-CWE Banquets
-Running
-Sleeping
-Bronzing

Nashville/10K: What an absolute blast. Seriously seeing some of my favorite people in the world, hanging out in a city that is known for music and running a 10K. So many laughs, so many sights, next year's 4th of July has a lot to live up to are back to back stellar ones.

Hair: After 4 months my hair was a warn brown with blonde highlights which were fun. My hair really takes to the sun. However those highlights were originally my blue and purple streaks that have faded out. Since Camp was wrapping up I made an appointment to "return to the darkside." After a 4 hour multi-step process I'm back to my near black hair with tongs of blue and purple streaks! I'm growing my hair out for the time being...but I have plans for a major chop down the road.

CWE Sessions 7 & 8: I love Camp, don't get me wrong, but by session 7 I'm ready for it to be over. In addition to my other responsibilitites I really enjoyed doing diversity presentations to the freshmen and out of state student presents to students and families (twice each session aka presented the same stuff 16 times this summer!) HOWEVER Camp sometimes feels like Groundhogs day...the same 3 days over and over again. We oriented around 4,200 freshmen - HUGE, HUGE group and we all survived.

Camp War Eagle Banquets: Always a fun celebration after a long spring and summer. I must say I looked super cute for both - I loved my dresses. My awesome head counselors got me a $50 gift card to Dick's sporting goods for some running gear. Both banquets had a lot of laughs and tears as well. This year's CC banquet went from 5:30pm until 7AM. Yes you read that right AM. We so awards, videos, slideshows and speeches. We usually see dawn, but this is a new record. After very little sleep I was headed to the PC panquet which was from 5:30pm-10:30pm. All these students were so hard this year and I'm thier orientation experience meant a lot to them because they all mean a lot to me!

Running: I'm still be running like whoa. More so indoors due to all the heat. I also managed to make it to another CWE Parent run sesion 8. Proper running clothes have made me a better runner, seriously. I'm not as sweaty and gross - don't get me wrong I'm still sweaty and gross, but it's like 50% less. Slowly but surely I'm increasing my proper running wardrobe. Now thanks to my Head Counselor's gift card that I spent yesterday I have 3 dri fit running shirts, 2 pairs of compression shorts and 4 pairs of shorts. I also got the Nike+ ipod sensor. I need to the get shoes, but I'm hoping they can be a birthday present while home. I plan on using the Nike+ sensor to track my running/mileage from 8/4/10-8/4/11 aka birthday. I'm all about measuring a year, so I'm going to measure in miles as well. For the record I'm on pace to run about 98 miles for the month of July... WHAT!?!

Bronzing: Any free weekend time I've had I've been at the pool bronzing as I like to call it. I've got some GREAT color going on. However since I got my hair did a few weeks ago I got to the pool in a bandana a la Bret Michaels. Actually I wear 2 bandanas one like a old tyme cleaning lady and one like Bret Michaels to cover all my hair from the sun.

So really there you have July in a nutshell. Tomorrow I leave for roadtrip to New York with overnight visits to see friends along the way. I will be in New York Friday and have tons of stuff planned. Very exciting. I also have a job interview in NYC whilst home that I'm gonna stay mum on, but send me some good vibes on Monday.

No comments: