Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mondays are the Devil

I had a terrible day yesterday which is sad because I spent the weekend with my sister who came to visit and it was great to see her. I even scored awesome tickets to the Auburn vs. LSU game (4th row in the endzone) and even though Auburn lost it was a fantastic game. The weekend overall was veyr exhausting which didn't help that on Thursday I was up late cleaning and doing laundry only to wake up at 5am for a conference across the state. So clearly I expected Monday to be terrible because I was very tired.Monday also sucked because I was going to miss the How I Met Your Mother premiere due to writing class. Not that I could have watched it at my house since I still don't have cable, but I would have least went to the gym or something to watch it. Plus my writing class pissed me off, but I don't want to talk about it. They are all old people who write boring crap and can't related to me. Luckily I know other fabulous writers like my dearest Star to give me some relevant feedback.

So since I missed How I Met Your Mother last night I wanted to look online today for a synopsis when I found the whole episode on the CBS website! How NPH - Neil Patrick Harris, it was glorious to have you back in my life. Between watching the first 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother recently, Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog, and Harold and Kumar you have made me very happy.

My other obsession besides NPH is...(say it with me folks because you should all know by now) Americal Idol Winner DAVID COOK! After listening to every song he ever released from back in til now CONSTANTLY I've really been craving new DC music. Well luckily his new single "Light On" is being released tomorrow! Sadly DC didn't write it, but instead Chris Cornell (Soundgarden and Audioslave...who also re-arranged Michael Jackson's Billie Jean which Cook later performed on Idol) and some other rock writer wrote the song. I'm not surprised they want a radio friendly smash hit, so I'll have to wait til November for his stuff when his cd is released. Sadly it's going to be released on the 18th of November, but at least it can be something positive on that otherwise terrible day.

Also the only other thing keeping me sane this week (I figured I'd stick to the few good things in my life right now, than harp on the rest of the miserable things I've got going on) is that Colleen is coming to visit me this weekend and I just got us tickets in the student section for the Auburn vs. Tennessee game!

No comments: