Friday, November 21, 2008

Callouts

Yesterday was by far one of my favorite days of work in a looong while. I am so not the sit behind a desk and stare at a computer type, but parts of my job require that. The past 2 weeks we have has Camp Counselor(orientation leaders) selections so I sat in over 150 interviews and then we had a 10 hour selection meeting on Wednesday that went til 2am (but it was fun for the most part and well worth it). Last night was "call outs" aka when we announce who was hired as a Camp Counselor. Call outs is a big production where last year's CCs each get to announce a new person on the back steps of an historic building on campus. It's high spirited and exciting, I loved every second. It was great to have the 36 newbies in the same room as the 36 has beens haha. After call outs we meet for a few hours - which mostly consists of the old CCs being rowdy and out of control, while the new people are a mix of scared and excited. I'm so happy we have our Camp 2009 staff - it feels real again. The office is not a fun when there aren't as many crazy students everywhere. We have some Camp 08 and 09 Christmas parties in December and then we start training the day before school starts and meet every week for the whole semester! I can't wait to get to know each of them :)

Today is my last day in the office before Thanksgiving - I'm taking off Monday and Tuesday! Tomorrow I fly out (with Freddie of course) to Baltimore to see my Sara. I get to spend a few days with her in Baltimore before we road trip up to NY/NJ to our varies parents houses. Sara and I always have great times - and I'm sure you can recall the list I made of crazy times we had the last time I saw here when she was down here.

Not sure when I'll get a chance to post next, I'm not bringing my laptop home with me and lord knows how well the dinosaur of a computer at my mom's is working.

Gobble Gobble

No comments: