Saturday, August 22, 2009

Life

Life is good. The past few weeks have been some of the best in recent memory. My time in New York was fantastic and life here has been a pleasant surprise. I have had a crazy busy few weeks with classes starting up again and a new school year gearing up, but for the first time in a long time don't feel lost. I feel confident and comfortable. I attribute it to having started my second year at Auburn. The first year of anything is SUCH a learning process and really - haven't gotten to be a "sophomore" since college. Yes my grad school program was two years, but my second year I was working in a new area of campus with a new staff and supervisor so I still faced quite a learning curve. Now I know my job and what to expect, plus people know me and what I am capable of. I just feel so confident and sure which is how I operate best. I love having relationships with students who make sure to come visit me or we get to catch up if we run into eachother on campus. I have been waiting to be a seasoned sophomore in the workplace for quite sometime. I am thrilled and excited about the year ahead.

Speaking of being seasoned today is exactly 8 years since I moved into college freshman year. WHAT?!?!?! I know crazy. Sometimes it feels like yesterday I can picture it all so clearly. At the same time it feels like a lifetime ago. Quinnipiac I love you!

Well let me get back to reading one of my Sookie Stackhouse books since I'm writing this post on my blackberry poolside!

No comments: