Friday, August 8, 2008

08-08-08

I love cool dates like today is. I was also a big fan of 9-9-99. I wish my birthday was cooler 8-4-83 is okay but 8-3-83 would have been better. Anyway moving along, I must finally blog about my latest obsession. Twilight. Twilight is a book series geared to young adults about vampries and other strange happenings. I'm almost mad that Twilight is so cool, because I didn't hear about the books til this summer and the first one was published in 2005. The 4th and final book in the series was released last week and they already filmed a movie based the first book (I think only the first book) that will be out in Decemeber. I hate jumping on the bandwagon along with everyone else. Critics call Twilight the Harry Potter and I REFUSE to read/watch/care about Harry Potter because it was such a "to do." Same thing with getting Ice Cream from Cold Stone Creamery...I vow never to eat it because it was too trendy. Here I am thought a Twilight fan without even knowing it was cool. I've finished 2 of the 4 book and mind you each book is over 500 pages long. Oh and did I mention I bought all 4 books at one time without knowing very much about it. I do enjoy reading book series though. I hate getting "involved" with a character only for them to abandon you after 300 or so pages. I love the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and a few smaller series written by Meg Cabot. I really do enjoy reading. Most people in my family were/are big readers and it wasn't something I really picked up until late in grad school. Back to Twilight...despite it being about a 17 year old girl and vampires for the most part it is very interesting. I'm quite excited for the movie...although the few movies that I've seen where I read the book first were always disappointing. I am gonna hold off for a few days to read the last 2 books considering I read the first 2 books in under a week (and that included the 4 nights I was in NY and didn't have time to read). I am actually reading a book for a book group at work right now about using your "strengths" at work and improving your strengths as opposed to focusing on you weaknesses. Plus I have the book I am Charlotte Simmons sitting on my desk at work. I started the book MONTHS ago and couldn't get into it. I'm gonna try reading it during lunch when it gets too busy to leave campus. I hate not finishing books I've started (I think it's only happened once or twice where I didn't finish a book).

So if you have any interesting reads....suggest away. Not having homework or late night work responsibilities definately gives me more time to read, plus I haven't hooked up my cable yet and I can only watch seasons 1 and 2 of How I Met Your Mother so many times.

Have a good weekend. I know I will. I'm headed to Atlanta tonight to go out for dinner and drinks in Buckhead (ohlala) then tomorrow a bunch of us are floating some river somewhere in Georgia which involves beer and inner tubes :)

1 comment:

Shaholla said...

You can try to keep yourself from reading Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.. but you won't be successful for long. Stephenie Meyer has a pull, she will have you craving to know what happens next. I'm really glad you like the books!
I've got about five books I'm in the middle of reading right now.. I can't not finish a book either. Glad I'm not alone in it.