Friday, September 4, 2009

Friday, Friends & Football

As I am typing this post I am listened to Hootie and the Blowfish on Grooveshark. Oh Hootie I enjoyed your tunes and maybe explore your new country stuff...maybe. Speaking of country I heart Carrie Underwood's new single. I might be hooked. I like some of her songs and LOVED her "Go Your Own Way" Fleetwood Mac duet with David Cook, so we shall see.

But let's get down to business.

It's Friday. It's Friday before Auburn's first home football game of the season. It's the Friday of a 3 day weekend. It's Friday and Kelly flies in this afternoon!

I really think it was April when my friend Kelly (avid blog reader and commentor) booked her flight to come down. I always tell my friends I would love to have them down, especially during football season. However I know very well how much plane tickets cost and have exhausting traveling can be so I am always THRILLED when people decide to come. I always like to show folks a great time when they are in town (and I've always been success...well except when Caitlyn came in January mid-week). Plus Kelly just wrapped up Fall Orientation (yes a majority of my besties work in higher ed) which is her busiest time of the year so I know she's looking forward to lots of fun and blowing off steam. I haven't seen Kelly since November when we were at a Conference in Boston. Trust me we had a damn good time, but nearly 10 months is too long. As soon as I leave work I'm headed to Atlanta to pick her up (and Dunkin Donuts Iced coffee or two along the way).

We have lots to do while she is here. The highlight of the weekend is Auburn Football's home opener. Everyone here keeps comparing today to Christmas Eve. Jordan Hare is going to be BURSTING with energy tomorrow. I'm excited for me because I love to rush of being at games, but I am also excited to see Kelly witness all of this. The history, the traditions, all the ORANGE!!! I'll also take her to some choice food and adult beverage establishments in town that are uniquely Auburn. Plus the weather is supposed to be glorious this weekend so I am pumped.

War Damn Gameday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast!!!!

Miss you!

codi.susanne said...

Hope ya'll had fun at Niffers!! I never saw you leave...but was SO glad to run into you!!!