Saturday, November 7, 2009

Selections Like Whoa

On top of all my visitors and other excitement I’ve been HELLA busy preparing for SOS and Camp selections. The past 2 weeks were Camp Counselor round 1 and round 2 interviews. That means I sat in about 80 5 minute first round interviews and 70 12 minute second round interviews. Wednesday night was our selections meeting that started at 4pm and ended and 2:30am – typical. Last night was one of my favorite times of the year. Call outs for Camp Counselors, it is so exciting. Last year I really loved it because I didn’t know what to expect. It’s crazy because it marks the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.

On Monday our SOS orientation leader applications are due and Wednesday is out FIRST EVER round one group interview. Very exciting, but also nerve wracking. Then we have an SOS session next Friday to be followed up the next week with round two interviews and SOS Call outs on the 19th. Meanwhile I’m en route to California for a conference and am blessed to have wonderful colleagues and student leaders to get have thing ready for Wednesday when I get back for first round interviews. Don’t get me wrong I spent a lot of time prepping as much as I could before I left and talking with my colleagues and students so I am not totally bailing on them. I trust them and I feel confident in the work I did prior to leaving.

No comments: