Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Goodbye Sweets

For the past 6 weeks I have been really trying to cut back on sugar and sweets, well for Lent I am going to try and AVOID any excess sugar or sweets. Goodbye cookies, ice cream, candy - not that I eat a lot of it, but for 40 days I want to see what would happen if I "just say no." The ONLY exception I am giving for this rule is my friend's wedding at the end of the month. I haven't been to a wedding as a "adult" before and I want the full experience - wedding cake and all.

I also wanted to mention that twice this week I ran 3 miles on the treadmill instead of my usual 2.5 and actually this past Monday I ran the 3 miles at a pretty good gallop - between 5.0 - 5.5 on the treadmill, so I did about a 11:30min mile for 3 miles and didn't die! I really feel confident about my ability to get to at least a 10 minute mile by May. I don't think I'll ever "LOVE" running, but I'm learning to hate it less - good music is definitely key. If anyone has any running suggestions I would love them.

No comments: