Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The South is rubbing off on me

After nearly 2 years of living in the Bible belt it's starting to rub off on me a bit. It's not that I am a stranger to the Bible. I went to Catholic school for 12 years (I'll pause while the Baptists and Methodists laugh...kidding) and took religion/theology for 12 years. By no means can I quote the Bible or even have a favorite Bible verse. However I'd like to that I can still to this day sing church songs, especially ones from elementary school when my class would lead mass. Personal favorites: "Like A Sunflower" "The King of Glory" "On Eagle's Wings."

Anyway getting back to the point of this post. I came across this Bible verse on a friend's blog (AKA someone I don't know personally, but know through other people and I enjoy her blog:

She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs with no fear of the future. Proverbs 31:25

It spoke to me. I am a pillar of strength, sometimes to strong. I would personally prefer the word integrity over dignity, but then again I didn't write this quote. I really enjoyed the nothing of laughing with no fear of the future. The future is coming, decisions have already been made, things are coming together divinely and fate-fully. I can't worry, I can just live, laugh and love.

No comments: