Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday 5

In an effort to be a better blogger, I am going to try and write a Friday 5 each week (however we all know when I make lofty plans like this...I rarely follow through). Honestly though I'd like to try and post 3x a week at least. I owe it to you and I owe it to me (since I no longer keep in a written journal...I know after 11 years I went completely digital).

1. I-Lead:I am serving as a facilitator for a student leadership conference this weekend. It's this afternoon/evening and tomorrow morning/afternoon. There should be about 200 first and second year students in attendance. It's the first conference of this type so I'm excited to be a part of it. I also look forward to seeing the students partake in many leadership activities that I hold dear to my heart.

2. Baby Shower: Tomorrow afternoon/evening after the conference is little Cooper Dunn's shower. I am one of the hostesses for the shower. I am really just contributing with food and money because these ladies have it UNDER CONTROL (I'm talking to you Sarah). I have never gone to a baby shower, and I've only been to one bridal shower so this is ALL NEW. I figured I might as well take notes and see what kind of things they plan/think about it. Honestly some of it is like another language!

3. True Blood Finale: Say it ain't so. I don't want season 3 to be over. Damn HBO and only having 12 episode seasons. This season was either hated or loved by fans, but I loved most of it. I'm very curious to see how the finale will shake out. Then I will be forced to mourn True Blood until next May when season 4 returns.

4. Jumbotron and Blitz: Applications for BOTH our Camp Counselor and Transfer Orientation Leaders come out on MONDAY. We have all be been working like crazy to get our publicity efforts in order. Sunday is our publicity blitz where our former student leaders come in and help with publicity projects and put things up across campus. Yesterday I spent nearly the whole day working on our Jumbotron commericial. It will be running at the next 3 home games. This is my 3rd year doing jumbotron commericials (I actually did 2 different ones last year) so I have a handle on it, but it's stressful none the less. The 30 second ad costs $500 per game, is going to be viewed by over 87,000 people and athletics are huge sticklers. I must say despite the SHORT timeline and lack of my usual "process" I am very proud of the commercial. It's catching, funny, and informative. Once it "premieres" on the jumbotron next week I will post it here.

5. College A Capella: It should be no surprise to you that I listen to A LOT OF MUSIC. I often go to grooveshark.com for my music fix. The past 2 weeks I've been listening to collegiate a capella groups. Sadly UConn has been the only school I've been at to have them and their groups were all FANTASTIC. I loved going to a capella shows. I owe quite a few "Best of College A Capella ::insert year::" and how now become obsessed with Ben Folds Presents: University A Capella. Ben selected college a capella groups from all over the country to cover his songs after he heard a Ohio University group cover "Brick." I just love the sound, TONE, and MOOD of a capella.If you aren't listening to any you really should. I'm currently listening to a co-ed group cover Jewel's "Who Will Save Your Soul." - Brilliant!

No comments: