Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday 5ive

1. Domestic/Cooking: I've had to cook a few times lately for various parties/work things and I've starting to make food I actually like. I can make a great veggie pizza, pasta salad, chicken stir-fry, turkey burger and various dessert treats.

2. Game/Jumbotron: ESPN's Gameday is here for the Clemson game. There have been ESPN people all over campus today...umm if it's not Jesse Palmer then I'm not interested. The jumbotron commerial premieres at the game which I'm really excited about - I hope people like it as much as I do! Don't worry I'll post it on here on Monday.

3. 12 miles: I have a 12 mile run on Sunday aka my longest run before my 1/2 marathon in 2 weeks. After Sundays run my runs will be easier runs - so I can recover and be ready for the half. This week at the gym I ran a bunch of intervals so when I did a 4 mile run outside today I could feel myself pushing through parts of my run I wouldn't normally be able to do. I also got honked and cat called out for the firs time while running. I really thought it would have happened sooner, but maybe southern guys are too gentlemanly to do that. It's interesting when I see students on campus and they tell me they say me running. I' m turning into quite an athlete so I'm not self-conscious about my running at all anymore.

4. Long Hair: So for a while I had thought about getting a pixie cut this fall, but I decided that I'm gonna grow it out and then in the latr spring/early summer get a pixie. Right now my hair is probably the longest it's been in nearly 3 years since I only got a minor trim back in July. After my 1/2 marathon I'm gonna get a trim and color, but I haven't figured out what I want to do colorwise...any suggestions?

5. New TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family and Cougar Town premiere this upcoming week! I'm sure there are a few more premieres this week, but those are the three I'm most excited about. My TiVo has been on the fritz - actually my wireless internet has been on the fritz so the cheapest/easiest solution was to get a tivo box with an ethernet cord jack. Hopefully my TiVo after over a month will be up and running in the next week or so.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Chris Landry said...

Try this Mexi-tarian Pizza.
1. Drain 1 can each of black beans, whole corn and diced tomatoes/peppers (Rotel) and mix thoroughly.
2. Mix 1 medium sized bottle of ranch dressing with 1 packet of taco seasoning. Use this as the sauce for the pizza.
3. Using a pizza crust of your choosing (I like pre-made but not frozen) layer the sauce, vegetables, and a handful of Mexican blend cheese (thicker sliced is better).
4. Cook based on the crust directions since everything else is already cooked.
4. Add sour cream, guacamole, queso, salsa or anything else to top it off!

If you want to add a bit of meat, try chicken that's been tossed in a pack of taco seasoning-just follow the package instructions for time and info. You can also add a splash of tequila to the ranch dressing mix if you're feeling feisty!